Why we hold and process supporters’ personal data
We hold and process supporters’ personal data for a number of reasons:
- To keep a record of donations made and our communications with donors
- To claim gift aid on donations
- To send our email subscribers information about our projects, fundraising activities, appeals and news relevant to our work where we have their consent
- To keep in touch with supporters who have asked for help, resources, or guidance either with any aspect of The Pad Project’s work, or to carry out fundraising or campaigning activities in support of The Pad Project.
- To ensure we do not send unwanted information to supporters or members of the public who have informed us they do not wish to be contacted
When and why we will get in touch with you
The Pad Project will only contact you for marketing where we have your consent to do so. This might, for example, keep you up to date on our work, or let you know of ways in which you can support that work.
We will make it easy for you to tell us if you would like to receive marketing communications from us and hear more about our work, and we will not send you marketing material if you tell us that you do not wish to receive it. You can unsubscribe from our email updates at any time, by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our newsletters or by getting in touch with us directly.
How and when we collect information about you:
The Pad Project may collect your personal data in the following circumstances:
When you give it to us DIRECTLY
You may give us your personal data directly when you make a donation, sign up for our newsletter, or get in contact with us directly via email, post, or phone.
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
You may give us your information indirectly when you contribute to The Pad Project via fundraising sites like Mobile Cause or Paypal. These independent third parties will pass your data to The Pad Project where you have indicated that you wish to support The Pad Project and have given your consent or it is a necessary part of completing a contract with you.
When you access The Pad Project’s social media
We might also obtain your personal data through your use of social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media and messaging services.
If you have any questions about our policy please email us email@example.com